At Arrow Dog & Cat Hospital, we understand the profound bond that exists between pet owners and their furry companions. Every wag of the tail, every affectionate purr, and those soulful eyes that meet yours – these moments make our lives richer. However, it’s easy to overlook an essential aspect of pet health – dental care. This October, in celebration of Pet Dental Month, we want to shed light on the significance of pet dental care and offer exclusive discounts to ensure your four-legged friends have the brightest smiles.
Why Is Pet Dental Care Important?
You might be surprised to learn that dental issues are one of the most common problems affecting our pets. Just like humans, dogs and cats can suffer from dental ailments that, if left unattended, can lead to severe health complications. Here are some compelling reasons why pet dental care should be a priority for every pet owner:
- Preventing Tooth Decay and Gum Disease: Plaque and tartar buildup can lead to tooth decay and gum disease in pets, causing pain, bad breath, and difficulty eating.
- Avoiding Pain and Discomfort: Dental issues can be excruciating for your pet, affecting their overall well-being. A pet with a healthy mouth is a happier pet.
- Preventing Serious Health Issues: Dental problems can escalate and lead to more severe health issues, such as heart and kidney problems, if not addressed in time.
- Enhancing Quality of Life: Proper dental care can improve your pet’s quality of life, ensuring they can enjoy their favorite treats and play without discomfort.
The Dangers of Nonanesthetic Dentistry (NAD)
Nonanesthetic dentistry (NAD), which involves scaling and polishing a pet’s teeth without anesthesia, poses significant risks. NAD can cause extreme stress for pets, increases the risk of injury due to unexpected movements, and lacks control over the pet’s airway, potentially leading to aspiration. Moreover, NAD focuses solely on cleaning the visible tooth surfaces, offering a false sense of benefit while neglecting underlying dental issues. As a result, it is not recommended by veterinary professionals for comprehensive dental care.
Steps to Maintain Your Pet’s Dental Health
Now that you understand the importance of pet dental care, let’s explore some practical steps you can take to maintain your furry friend’s dental health:
- Regular Brushing: Brush your pet’s teeth regularly using pet-specific toothpaste and a soft toothbrush. Start slow and be patient, allowing your pet to get used to the routine.
- Dental Chews and Toys: Provide dental chews and toys designed to help reduce plaque and tartar buildup. These can also keep your pet mentally stimulated.
- Quality Diet: Feeding your pet high-quality pet food can help prevent dental issues. Consult with your veterinarian for diet recommendations.
- Regular Check-ups: Schedule regular dental check-ups with your veterinarian to catch and address any dental issues early.
- Professional Dental Cleaning: Consider professional dental cleaning for your pet to remove stubborn tartar and plaque.
Exclusive October Discounts at Arrow Dog & Cat Hospital
To encourage pet owners to prioritize their pet’s dental health, Arrow Dog & Cat Hospital is offering exclusive discounts throughout October:
- $50 off Dental Procedures: Receive a $50 discount on dental procedures, ensuring your pet gets the best care without breaking the bank.
- 15% off Extractions: In case extractions are necessary, save 15% on this crucial dental service.
- 15% off Bloodwork: Ensure your pet is in the best possible health before their dental procedure with 15% off bloodwork.
- Complimentary Toe Nail Trim: Treat your pet to a complimentary toe nail trim to keep their paws in top shape.
- Free Dental Kit: Take home a free dental kit to help you maintain your pet’s oral health between visits.
Conclusion: Act Now for a Brighter Smile!
Your pet’s dental health is not something to be taken lightly. By taking proactive steps and availing of our exclusive October discounts, you can ensure your beloved companion has a beautiful, healthy smile for years to come.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to give your pet the gift of good oral health. Schedule an appointment at Arrow Dog & Cat Hospital today and let us help you keep those tails wagging and purrs going strong!
Remember, a healthy mouth equals a happy pet. Act now, and together, we can ensure your furry friend enjoys the best possible quality of life.